- Sword Collecting 101: Where to Start
- The Stories Behind the Various U.S. Military Swords
- Interesting Information About the Most Popular Steel Alloys Used in Collectable Millitary Swords
- Preserving Service Heirlooms With Hardwood Flag Display Cases
- How to Select a Collectible Sword for Your Collection
- Tracking Down Authentic Sword Accessories for the U.S. Armed Forces
- What Wood You Use?
- With a Little Maintenance, Your Sword Display Will Look Great Year After Year
- How to Determine the Condition of Collectible Military Swords
- How to Preserve and Store Your Military Uniforms
Posted by Devin on 9/27/2013 to Military Displays
Many people who were in the military have brought home items to remember some of the things they saw and went through. Guns, knives, swords, medals, and other collectibles are prevalent in many veteran's homes. Having a way to display these items is an excellent gift idea for your loved one. A gun display offers the perfect addition to the home of a veteran. He or she can proudly display a gun that they used and served their country with. Many gun displays can either be hung on the wall or placed on a shelf or mantle.
Wall gun displays are made out of wood and look similar to a plaque. There is a rack on the wood plaque where you or your loved one can hang their gun. Some wood gun displays offer screws and brackets that will hold down the gun; others are simply racks that do not hang the guns securely. Many of these wood gun displays can be engraved or a brass or stainless steel plate can be installed once it is engraved.
A shelf top gun display offers a wooded base with a rack on top. The gun will rest in the rack easily. These shelf displays can easily be displayed on the fireplace mantle, dresser, or any type of shelf. Most people prefer the wall displays because require the guns to be out of reach in case there are children in the home.
A gun display makes a really great gift for any collector, father, grandfather, uncle, or military veteran.
More results: 1 2