According to The US Marine Corps, three commitments are made: They make Marines. They win the Nation's battles. They develop quality citizens.
With these standards of quality in mind, Marine graduates often receive a sword as a gift. Traditional swords and proud graduates need a plaque on which to display the gift.
- A plaque adds a touch of formality that honors the tradition of Marine service. Consider it a frame for the piece of artwork that is the sword. It proudly represents not only the sword, but the valor that is being a Marine.
- The Marine graduate may have received a sword as a gift, but is yet to receive a plaque. It's a thoughtful way to reward achievement and make sure they have what they need to display the sword.
- A plaque designed for displaying military swords will protect the sword. It is a functional as well as decorative gift. The Marine Corps requires that swords intended for use in service be a specific length. Plaques come in sizes designed to accommodate the length of the sword.
- Plaques make the sword more convenient to display in the home. It would certainly be a shame for a sword to not be on display. Many plaques are made of attractive polished wood that blends in well with woodwork already existing in the home.
- Plaques can be customized with engraving. Any gift that can be personalized stands out from the others.
With all this in mind, it is easy to see why a sword plaque is a winning gift for Marine graduates.